STEM - Core Beliefs
STEM Core Beliefs
- Hands-on course work and instruction of the fundamentals of science, math and technology that encourages and develops higher order thinking.
- Reading, writing, and vocabulary development directly connected to STEM fields is critical for future success.
- Extended learning beyond the classroom is essential to explore and obtain real-life exposure and experience.
- Real world application that utilizes knowledge and experience gained in the program can be used to provide interactive community service.
- STEM students recognize they are part of a community of scholars and their individual success is directly connected to their personal effort.